Monday, August 27, 2012

Pasta with caramelized onion


And you thought I only ate Red Sauce.

C'mon. Even I know that caramelized onion is one of the great flavor profiles.

It might just be the simplest pasta sauce ever, too. We're talking onion, oil, salt and pepper. That's it.

Make this, would you.

Think of it as your White Album. Just without "Revolution 9."


You take a couple onions (like these just-picked specimens from my garden) and slice them all up.


Season with salt and pepper and slowly caramelize in extra virgin olive oil (and a little butter if you like).


Toss in the cooked pasta of your choice, along with some of the pasta water, mix thoroughly and serve.


I like a little grated cheese on top, but that's a matter of personal preference.

Then again, what isn't?

Some people like "R9."

2 comments:

QembarDelites said...

Easy recipes that I like, great taste, I like even better:)

Claudia said...

The trick is not to eat the caramelized onion out of the pan while the pasta is cooking...