Saturday, July 11, 2015

Pasta with fresh herbs


I'm not so sure this counts as a real recipe, what with how simple it is. But, hey, it's summer. Things are supposed to be easy.

What's more, the dozen or so herb plants that are growing like weeds around the house are in serious need of being utilized.


There's no science to this dish. All I did was take my scizzors (and glass of wine) out in the backyard and start cutting. Best I can recall this is a mixture (and around a handful) of thyme, oregano, sage, rosemary and mint. But use whatever you want.


Chop the herbs and some garlic and that's it, you're ready to go. (Get your pasta going right away because this sauce is only gonna take a couple minutes to prepare.)


Saute the garlic in plenty of olive oil until it's nice and soft.


Then add in the herbs.


Stir it all up quickly.


Immediately start adding your pasta. (If your pasta isn't ready yet then turn off the heat and wait until it is; you don't want the herbs or the garlic to cook more.)


Once all the pasta is in the pan start adding a bit of the (well-salted) pasta water, turn the heat up to high and incorpate.


Serve immediately with a dusting of grated cheese.

Whether or not that's a real recipe I'll let you decide.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would say this is indeed a recipe. When you 'can't be bothered' or don't have time to cook, this makes a great standby. Garlic, herbs, olive oil and pasta, what's not to like?

Claudia said...

This is my go-to summer comfort meal. Only I don't just dust with the cheese - I pile it on. What better way to use those gorgeous herbs?